When you plan and take your next trade, please ask yourself this question:
‘Do I know the Context of this trade?’
Knowing the Context of a trade is an important part of planning any trade. Knowing the Context means:
- Is this a Counter-Trend or Trend Trade and on which Time Frame?
- Is it a short term or longer term trade?
- How many reasons are there to take the trade?
- Is this a Lower Time Frame entry into a Higher Time Frame Setup?
- If so has the Higher Time Frame setup triggered yet?
Knowing the Context for your trade can give you a Bias and therefore an edge, but how do you do this in practice?